Orientation year visa, how to move to with family?


I have already received a positive decision on my orientation year visa, but I want to move to the Netherlands in March, so that I will collect my sticker by that time. However, there is one issue that became really challenging for me.  would love if you may help me to deal with it.

Since I am married and I have a 3 years old child, I would like my spouse and son to accompany me during my stay in the Netherlands (more that 90 days). I have made some research by my own on IND website, but frankly it is not helpful enough.

I would like to apply for their visa now, before I would move to the Netherlands, since the application process takes 90 days. As I understood I should provide birth certificate of my child and marriage certificate for my husband. Payment: 57 euros for child and 171 euros for husband and fill in the application form.

There are still some issues that are not clear for me:
1. Should my child also undergo a tuberculosis test? Who should sign a document for him?
2. Can I fill in the application for my child, but my husband will collect his passport with sticker?
3. Should my husband or child go through a civic integration examination?
4. If I am not employed yet by any company in the Netherlands how I can show a proof of income? Is it possible to show a payslips from my current job in Azerbaijan? What is a minimum amount of money that should be shown as an evidence?

Answer ( 1 )


    Hi and welcome to the Forum.

    To answer your specific questions; the IND website has an FAQ download that answers your questions, you can download it from this link.

    Once you’ve read that and the links it refers you to, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

    Hope this helps.

Leave an answer