Hi all.

We are frequently asked questions regarding the legalisation and translation of documents that are required to be submitted to the Dutch Government (IND).

The IND issues guidance about this on their website; this can be accessed by following this link.

Hope this helps.

Answer ( 1 )


    Hi and welcome to the Forum.

    Exactly the same as you need for the long-term registration.  Normally, they include:

    -Your valid passport or ID card (not a driving licence).
    -Your residence permit (if applicable, either a sticker in your passport, a plastic ID card or letter from IND) – not applicable for EU citizens.
    -Your house rental contract.
    -A certified copy of your birth certificate.
    -Your foreign marriage certificate, certificate of registered partnership or divorce (if applicable).

    Note that town halls only accept official documents in Dutch, English, French or German, so you may need to get an official translation for other languages. Some documents, such as your birth certificate, may also require proof of authenticity (legalisatie) such as an apostille, which you will need to get before leaving your home country.

    Hope this helps.

Leave an answer