Credits : RIVM Website
The novel coronavirus causes coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. COVID-19 symptoms are similar to symptoms of a common cold at first. However, the disease can cause severe pneumonia, which can be fatal.
Measures against the coronavirus
Measures to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus:
- stay at home as much as possible
- Stay 1.5 metres (2 arms lengths) away from other people
- Do not shake hands
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose and discard them after use
View all measures to combat the novel coronavirus in the Netherlands on government.nl. This information is also available in other languages.